Interns will work in the job-site office with daily field walks! Work Side-by-side with a project team, building a major commercial construction project with a concrete subcontractor. You will learn about managing a multi-million-dollar project, the technology used for planning, scheduling, design, and billing, and the wide range of professional roles needed to build great buildings. Working with several mentors, interns will spend about 40 hours per week assisting with project functions, including General Contractor coordination, document controls, jobsite inspections, schedule updates, scheduling, safety training, and plan updates.
• High school juniors, seniors, or May 2022 graduates, age 18 years or older as of May 1, 2022
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university in the state of Texas
• Legally entitled to work in the U.S.
• Interest in Commercial Construction
• Ability to commit to the duration of the internship for 8 weeks, 35-40 hours/week (Dates are flexible)
• Ability to commute to and from a jobsite daily (hours are flexible to accommodate transportation)
• Work experience and exposure to different roles in a construction jobsite
• Learn the duties of all the members of a subcontractor’s team (laborer, carpenter, foreman, field engineer, project engineer, superintendent, general superintendent, project manager)
• Experience in a professional commercial construction setting
• Reading and understanding plans
• Understanding of construction billings and accounting
• Experience in construction conflict resolution.
• Experience in hour-by-hour construction scheduling
• Experience in construction safety, including but not limited to, OSHA guidelines, cranes, heavy equipment, etc.
• Jobsite workflow and working with other trades
• Hourly pay will be at a competitive rate
• Gain real-world experience in commercial construction.
• Build relationships with mentors in the field of construction.
**If the internship is successful, there is a possibility that it could lead to a full-time job upon graduation**